2018 Jawa 350 Special unveiled in Europe
While Mahindra Two Wheelers prepares to bring the Jawa motorcycle brand to India by 2019, the Czech Republic-based brand has just revealed its latest offering for the European market. The 2018 Jawa 350 Special is a throwback to the bike maker's history in motorcycle racing. It carries forward the same 397cc parallel twin engine as its standard sibling, the Jawa 350 OHC. The design is particularly reminiscent of a race-replica from the 1960s or 1970s.
Fully-faired bodywork, a retro paint job, and chrome bits including the twin upswept exhausts and surround for the period-correct round headlamp, as well as a cowled tail section complete the retro racer look. The Jawa 350 Special weighs about 11kg more than the 350 OHC at 171kg (kerb).
The engine is an air-cooled 397cc parallel twin unit with fuel injection shared with the OHC. The engine is manufactured by Chinese engine maker Shinray, and produces 28PS and 30.6Nm. The Jawa brand's 660 Vintage and 350 OHC are likely to make it to India, however, we cannot confirm if this Jawa 350 Special will also make it to India.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh