2018 JK NRC: Ashwin Datta leads three-way championship battle for Euro JK 18
At the second Euro JK 18 race for Round 2 of the JK Tyre National Racing Championship 2018, Chennai's Ashwin Datta drew first blood in what is turning out to be a closely fought three-way battle for the title.
The 21st JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championships' Round 2 Euro JK 18 winners: Ashwin Datta (C), Nayan Chatterjee(R) and Karthik Tharani S(L)
Datta was tied for the top spot with Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani, all with 43 points at the end of the third race for the weekend held today. The final race saw Bryan Perera win with Ashwin Datta come in second and Chatterjee third. Datta now leads with 50 points, followed by Chatterjee at 49 and Tharani at 48.
The LGB Formula 4 Round 2 Race 1 winners of the 21st JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship in Coimbatore
In the LGB Formula 4 category, MSport racing's Vishnu Prasad continued to be on top. In Race 3 held today, he started at seventh place with the reverse grid format, but worked his way up to the first quickly enough. The second race for today, Race 4, was hotly contested and Raghul Ramasamy finished first in that one, followed by Prasad and Rohit Khanna.
The newly introduced JK Tyre Novice Cup also had its share of incidents, but the 14-year-old Tijil Rao held his wits about him, winning the race after the safety car had to be called on. Ashwin Nair's penalty also helped Rao, who was followed by Huzaifa Tinwala and Yokeshwaran Krishnavelu.
Joseph Mathew continued his dominance over the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, making it four out of four this season. Syed Muzammil Ali and Malasawmdawnglama took the other two places on the podium in today's race. In the Redbull Road to Rookies event held alongside, Aizawl's Jerome Vanlalrengpuia posted the fastest times in over the two rounds. This earns him a spot on the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup qualifiers next month in Spain.
The next round of the 2018 JK Tyre National Racing Championship will now be held between October 12 and 14 again at the Kari Motor Speedway.
Starts Rs 77,015
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show