2018 JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship: Bryan Perera dominates proceedings in top-tier Euro JK 18 class
The final day of Round 1 of the 2018 JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship at Kari Motor Speedway continued the trend set on Saturday, with competitive racing across the categories.
Sri Lankan racer Bryan Perera dominated proceedings in the top-tier Euro JK 18 class. He won two out of three races held in this class on Sunday, July 8. Karthik Tharani also managed to carry on his good run from Saturday, winning the other Euro 18 race. Mumbai's Nayan Chatterjee and Chennai racer Ashwin Datta kept Bryan and Karthik honest, splitting second and third positions between themselves throughout the day. In fact, Ashwin Datta is now leading the championship with 24 points, Bryan and Karthik are behind him with 23 points each.
The Formula LGB4 events stood out on Saturday thanks to the close racing they saw, and Sunday was no different. Rohit Khanna from Delhi and Chennai's Raghul Rangasamy won a race each. Vishnu Prasad, yesterday's race winner, and Kolhapur's Chittesh Mandody took the second and third places in both the races. A slight spell of rain caused the second race to start behind the safety car, but there were no major incidents.
Joseph Matthew continued to remain dominant in the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, staying unbeaten on Sunday as well. Syed Muzamil Ali (Bengaluru) and Malsawmdawngliana (Aizawl) finished second and third, swapping positions from Saturday. In the Red Bull Race to Rookies Cup held alongside the Gixxer event, Zothanmawia from Aizawl finished first.
The last day of Round 1 was a lively event. The overcast skies did not play spoilsport for the most part and the close racing was accompanied by other attractions. The most notable was the stunt show put up by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno support cars, and a stunt riding group from Coimbatore.
Starts Rs 5.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77,015
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test