2018 JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship: Bryan Perera dominates proceedings in top-tier Euro JK 18 class
The final day of Round 1 of the 2018 JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship at Kari Motor Speedway continued the trend set on Saturday, with competitive racing across the categories.
Sri Lankan racer Bryan Perera dominated proceedings in the top-tier Euro JK 18 class. He won two out of three races held in this class on Sunday, July 8. Karthik Tharani also managed to carry on his good run from Saturday, winning the other Euro 18 race. Mumbai's Nayan Chatterjee and Chennai racer Ashwin Datta kept Bryan and Karthik honest, splitting second and third positions between themselves throughout the day. In fact, Ashwin Datta is now leading the championship with 24 points, Bryan and Karthik are behind him with 23 points each.
The Formula LGB4 events stood out on Saturday thanks to the close racing they saw, and Sunday was no different. Rohit Khanna from Delhi and Chennai's Raghul Rangasamy won a race each. Vishnu Prasad, yesterday's race winner, and Kolhapur's Chittesh Mandody took the second and third places in both the races. A slight spell of rain caused the second race to start behind the safety car, but there were no major incidents.
Joseph Matthew continued to remain dominant in the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, staying unbeaten on Sunday as well. Syed Muzamil Ali (Bengaluru) and Malsawmdawngliana (Aizawl) finished second and third, swapping positions from Saturday. In the Red Bull Race to Rookies Cup held alongside the Gixxer event, Zothanmawia from Aizawl finished first.
The last day of Round 1 was a lively event. The overcast skies did not play spoilsport for the most part and the close racing was accompanied by other attractions. The most notable was the stunt show put up by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno support cars, and a stunt riding group from Coimbatore.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300