2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) had only recently launched the Kawasaki Ninja 400 in India at a price of Rs 4.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Now, in the month of its launch, a Kawasaki dealership is already offering a Rs 20,000 discount on the price of the 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400, taking the on-road price from Rs 5.30 lakh to Rs 5.10 lakh. According to a report, the company's dealership located in Mumbai is offering the discount to customers who book their bikes before the end of this month. Kawasaki dealers around the country had begun accepting bookings since April 9 for a token amount of Rs 50,000 while deliveries are scheduled to take place from June this year. While the Ninja 400 competes with the KTM RC 390 and the Yamaha YZF-R3 in its class, it is closer to the Kawasaki Z650 in terms of price.
The 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 was first showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. The Ninja 400 is 6kg lighter than its predecessor, the Kawasaki Ninja 300, at 168kg (wet). The 399cc parallel twin motor produces 49PS and 38Nm, a significant upgrade from the Ninja 300. Kawasaki claims that this motor offers improved low-end torque while retaining a smooth throttle response.
Kawasaki has added an assist and slip clutch which is 20 per cent lighter to pull. The Ninja 400 also features a 310mm front disc brake ((the same disc size used on the Ninja ZX-14R) with Nissin calipers and ABS. On the styling front, the 400 features large-volume bodywork inspired from the flagship Ninja H2, which makes it look substantially larger, wider than its predecessor, also offers good wind protection as per the company.
Starts Rs 4,69,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Starts Rs 5,94,000
Starts Rs 2,48,075
Starts Rs 3,50,180
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!