2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 spied, may be revealed at EICMA 2017
Kawasaki, Japanese bike maker, is reported to be bringing the Kawasaki Ninja 400, a newer, larger mid-sized 400cc motorcycle at the 75th Worldwide Motorcycle Exhibition (EICMA 2017) in Milan, Italy next month. This 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 may also replace the Ninja 300 currently being sold internationally as well as in India. The most obvious change to the motorcycle is its size, which is substantial compared to the current Kawasaki Ninja 300. From the most recent spy shot, it appears to be just shy of the Kawasaki Ninja 650's scale. It has been spied internationally earlier this year well.
The Kawasaki Ninja 400 will likely sport a 400cc parallel-twin engine mated to a six-speed gearbox, that could produce in the region of 45PS and give strong competition to the KTM RC390 and Yamaha YZF-R3 in terms of performance, as will also rub shoulders with the Benelli 302R, Bajaj Dominar, and the upcoming BMW GS 310 R / TVS Akula. However, it may not be able to compete with some of the motorcycles in terms of price. The Kawasaki Ninja 400 looks to have a wide and plush seat, which means it could occupy a sweet spot in the sub-600cc sports tourer category.
The Ninja 400 will replace its 300cc predecessor in most markets including India just as the latter had replaced the Ninja 250 before it. For, Kawasaki's 2018 US model lineup was revealed to not have any 300cc motorcycle. Now, as to when the new baby Ninja reaches Indian shores is the question we are looking to have answered as EICMA 2017 approaches.
Image source: MotorcycleNews
Starts Rs 4,69,000
Starts Rs 3,10,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Starts Rs 6,24,000
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser price comparison vs Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- News2020 Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe SUV launched in India at Rs 1.2 crore
- NewsLive Updates: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 India launch
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV launched at Rs 8.40 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled