2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R bookings open in India
Kawasaki India has opened bookings for the 2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. The minimum booking amount is Rs 3 lakh and customers can reserve their ZX-10R at any Kawasaki dealership in India.
The 2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is expected to be launched in India by the end of June 2018 or early July 2018. The company has chosen to ditch the CBU route and instead will assemble the ZX-10R at its Chakan facility near Pune. The kits will be imported from Japan. Kawasaki is looking to price the bike at a competitive price, lower than the cost of the outgoing ZX-10R. The CKD assembly is what will help it achieve this.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is powered by a 998cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four cylinder engine that develops 197PS and 114Nm. The ZX 10R has been widely regarded as one of the most capable litre-class bikes in the world. We rode the previous iteration a couple of years ago, in India, and were impressed by how well it performed.
This year, Kawasaki also launched the Ninja ZX-10R SE in markets outside India. Among the list of updates is the addition of electronic suspension which are said to have a significant advantage over the standard Showa suspension on the ZX-10R. We hope that Kawasaki brings the SE version to India some time later.
The Japanese manufacturer currently assembles the Z250, Ninja 300, Z650, Ninja 650, Versys 650 and Ninja 1000 in India.
Starts Rs 12,80,000
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh