2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has launched the Kawasaki Z900RS in India with a Black paint option. The Z900RS was launched in the country with two retro paint options, Candytone Brown and Candytone Orange at a price of Rs 15.30 lakh (ex-showroom) in February 2018. The Kawasaki Z900RS takes the platform and mechanicals of the popular Kawasaki Z900 naked, packaged into a retro-styled motorcycle that looks straight out of the 1970s. The Kawasaki Z900RS, according to IKM, has been conceived as an homage to the Kawasaki Z1. The Z900RS comes powered by the same 900cc liquid-cooled inline-four as a Z900, while most other retro offerings in the category are powered by twin-cylinder engines.
However, Kawasaki mentions that they have worked on this motor to make it produce more power at lower engine speeds. This one makes 111PS, compared to the 125PS of the Z900. Being a CBU built in Japan, the price is quite high, when compared to the Triumph Bonneville T120 and Triumph Thruxton R. Kawasaki also states that the first gear has been made shorter to make it reasonably easier for new riders while the sixth gear is taller to make the motor perform smoothly on highways.
The suspension duty in the 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS is handled by 41mm inverted forks in the front and gas-charged shock at the rear. Spring preload, compression, and rebound damping are fully adjustable at both ends. The 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS also comes with a new steel trellis frame, a new tank design, and a more upright seating position compared to that of the Z900.
Compared to the Z900, the handlebar is 30mm wider, 65mm taller and has been positioned 35mm closer to the rider. The designers have also shifted the footpegs 20mm lower and forward for a more upright riding position, as was the norm in standard motorcycles back in the day. The overall styling of the 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS takes a lot of inspiration from the Z1, which can be seen with the analog cluster pods and tail section.
The 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS also features traction control and two riding modes, for sporty and comfortable cruising. Brakes include a radially-mounted four-piston monoblock setup in the front. The 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS was showcased at EICMA 2017.
Starts Rs 7,68,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019