2018 KTM Freeride 250F unveiled
KTM has just taken the wraps off the new, 2018 Freeride 250F, its beginner off-road motorcycle. The new bike features big improvements over its predecessor and gets a brand new, 250cc, DOHC, four-stroke engine. The motor is based on the KTM's competition Enduro 250 EXC-F and develops 20.5PS and 18Nm. KTM will also offer an unrestricted version of the motor that develops 26PS and 22.1Nm of torque. The chassis is a composite of high-quality chrome-molybdenum steel sections that have been bolted onto forged aluminium components. The steering head is also longer which, according to KTM engineers, gives the new Freeride 250F increased rigidity and hence better stability. The new KTM Freeride 250F gets revised styling with new graphics as well as compact and minimalist bodywork. The seat height, at just over 900mm, is also low by off-road bike standards, making it a lot more suited to beginners who've just stepped into the world of off-road motorcycles.
The front mudguard is new and so is the new headlamp cowl. KTM has focused on keeping the weight as low as possible and the new Freeride 250F tips the scales at 99kg only.
The bike gets a large 21-inch wheel upfront and new, 43mm WP Xplor suspension. This along with the bike's high ground clearance is bound to give it better climbing capabilities.
Speaking about the new Freeride 250F, Joachim Sauer, KTM Off-road Product Marketing boss said that the new bike is the ultimate fun machine. The new 250cc motor offers smooth and linear power delivery and the reworked chassis as well as the new WP suspension has made it a very capable machine.
The 2018 KTM Freeride 250F is set to go on sale in European markets soon. So far, there is no indication of KTM launching its off-road bikes in India. That said, the market is expanding both in terms of customer preferences as well as choices. Kawasaki India, for instance, has launched its beginner-class off-road motorcycles, the KX100F and the KX250F in the country. Given the fact the KTM is a very popular brand in India, the 2018 Freeride 250F could make for an interesting competitor in the beginner off-road bike segment.
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300