2018 Lexus ES 300h hybrid luxury sedan showcased in India
After its India debut on July 19, where it was launched at Rs 59.13 lakh (ex-showroom India), the newest version of the Lexus ES 300h hybrid luxury sedan has now been formally showcased in the country.
The ES 300h is based on the Global Architecture K (GA - K) platform and is powered by an updated version of the 2.5-litre petrol-hybrid combination seen on the last generation car as well as on the Toyota Camry. The engine makes 217PS and comes with a new fourth generation hybrid system that is BS-VI compliant and returns a claimed 22.37 km/l. Wheel sizes have also increased to 18-inches from the earlier 17.
Most prominently, the spindle grille now has vertical slats replacing the earlier horizontal ones while also being more pronounced. The front headlights have been slightly reworked with new LED elements while the lower portion of the more sculpted bumper now has chrome inserts for the foglamp housings.
The interiors have been tweaked slightly with the most prominent additions being the redesigned 7-inch instrument cluster, 12.3-inch centre console and an updated 17-speaker Mark Levinson infotainment system, as seen on the LS and NX cars. The console-mounted climate and audio controls along with adjustable and heated semi-aniline seats, and the 17 speaker Mark Levinson, wireless charging round off the major changes to the interior. The rear legroom has also been increased by 996mm, by way of a longer wheelbase.
The Lexus ES 300h will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5-Series and the Audi A6. The ES should stand apart from the competition with its attention to detail and the typically Japanese inspired design and luxury appointments. The traditionally more sedate driving experience of a Lexus should also appeal to buyers who prefer the rear seats.
Also see: Lexus ES 300H | First Drive
Starts Rs 59.13 Lakhs
Starts Rs 54.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.5 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055