2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
Lexus India has launched its flagship SUV the 2018 Lexus LX 570 in the country at a starting price of Rs 2.32 crore (ex-showroom). The 2018 LX 570 luxury SUV is the petrol-engined 8-seater petrol version of the gargantuan LX 450d, which itself is based off the Toyota Land Cruiser platform. Incidentally, the 450d and the 570 also share the same price. The LX 570 as its name suggests, comes powered by a 5.7-litre V8 petrol engine, which produces 367PS and 530Nm. This is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The result, a zero to 100kmph dash in 7.7seconds. The 225mm ground clearance and its multi-terrain adjustment systems for the four-wheel drive (4WD) should be capable of taking its occupants in luxury to wherever they wish to go, even after the tarmac ends.
In addition, the Lexus LX 570 also receives 4 Wheel Active Height Control and Adaptive Variable Suspension. The LX 570 hides its 3,400kg mass rather well too, thanks to the company's L-finesse design language. This includes signature elements such as the spindle front grille, L-shaped Triple LED headlights.
Inside it is semi-aniline handcrafted leather interiors in 5 trim options with ambient illumination. Entertainment is taken care of by two 11.6-inch displays for the rear-seat passengers. And the sound system is 19-speaker Mark Levinson home-theatre surround sound setup. For comfort is the Lexus Climate Concierge, with individual controls for each occupant.
The frame is designed to separate the suspension from the bodyshell, helping to prevent noise and vibration from entering the cabin. While a 5-speed Crawl Control ensures that the driver focuses on steering the LX 570, while the vehicle propels each wheel as per the traction needs.
Speaking about the Lx 570, Lexus India president PB Venugopal said that the 2018 LX delivers the power and dynamic presence of a 4WD with the technological innovations that deliver an exceptional drive.
Bookings for the luxury SUV have begun from today. It is available in seven paint options, with five leather trim options, and two wood trim insert options. The LX 570 package for India includes 18-inch aluminium wheels as standard.
Starts Rs 2.33 Crore
Starts Rs 1.41 Crore
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?