2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
Lexus India has launched its flagship SUV the 2018 Lexus LX 570 in the country at a starting price of Rs 2.32 crore (ex-showroom). The 2018 LX 570 luxury SUV is the petrol-engined 8-seater petrol version of the gargantuan LX 450d, which itself is based off the Toyota Land Cruiser platform. Incidentally, the 450d and the 570 also share the same price. The LX 570 as its name suggests, comes powered by a 5.7-litre V8 petrol engine, which produces 367PS and 530Nm. This is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The result, a zero to 100kmph dash in 7.7seconds. The 225mm ground clearance and its multi-terrain adjustment systems for the four-wheel drive (4WD) should be capable of taking its occupants in luxury to wherever they wish to go, even after the tarmac ends.
In addition, the Lexus LX 570 also receives 4 Wheel Active Height Control and Adaptive Variable Suspension. The LX 570 hides its 3,400kg mass rather well too, thanks to the company's L-finesse design language. This includes signature elements such as the spindle front grille, L-shaped Triple LED headlights.
Inside it is semi-aniline handcrafted leather interiors in 5 trim options with ambient illumination. Entertainment is taken care of by two 11.6-inch displays for the rear-seat passengers. And the sound system is 19-speaker Mark Levinson home-theatre surround sound setup. For comfort is the Lexus Climate Concierge, with individual controls for each occupant.
The frame is designed to separate the suspension from the bodyshell, helping to prevent noise and vibration from entering the cabin. While a 5-speed Crawl Control ensures that the driver focuses on steering the LX 570, while the vehicle propels each wheel as per the traction needs.
Speaking about the Lx 570, Lexus India president PB Venugopal said that the 2018 LX delivers the power and dynamic presence of a 4WD with the technological innovations that deliver an exceptional drive.
Bookings for the luxury SUV have begun from today. It is available in seven paint options, with five leather trim options, and two wood trim insert options. The LX 570 package for India includes 18-inch aluminium wheels as standard.
Starts Rs 2.33 Crore
Starts Rs 1.41 Crore
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?