2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus delivered to select customer ahead of launch next year
Mahindra and Mahindra has just delivered the first TUV300 Plus to a customer in Tamil Nadu, ahead of the official launch. A tweet from the company's chairman, Anand Mahindra states that the intent behind delivering a few TUV 300 Plus' before launch is to gauge customer reactions. The Mahindra TUV300 Plus that was sold is the mid-level trim and as per the invoice, it's priced at Rs 9.46 lakh (ex-showroom). This should give an indication of the price and positioning of the TUV300 Plus, when it goes in sale, early next year.
The Mahindra TUV 300 Plus is, essentially, a TUV300 with a longer wheelbase and proper third row of seats, courtesy of the longer dimensions. Expect Mahindra to also thrown in an improved feature list to differentiate the TUV300 Plus from the sub-4 metre TUV300. The TUV300 Plus' design is identical to the smaller TUV300, as it retains the same, boxy design. The head and tail lamp design is tweaked slightly, but there's not a lot that visually distinguishes the TUV300 Plus from TUV300.
While powertrain details have not been revealed, expect the TUV300 Plus to get the same, 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that produces 120PS. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and we expect Mahindra to offer an AMT variant as well.
The Mahindra TUV300 had been spotted testing recently and the launch is expected sometime around the 2018 Auto Expo. Prices are expected to begin from Rs 8.5 lakh, going up to Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.78 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900