2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus delivered to select customer ahead of launch next year
Mahindra and Mahindra has just delivered the first TUV300 Plus to a customer in Tamil Nadu, ahead of the official launch. A tweet from the company's chairman, Anand Mahindra states that the intent behind delivering a few TUV 300 Plus' before launch is to gauge customer reactions. The Mahindra TUV300 Plus that was sold is the mid-level trim and as per the invoice, it's priced at Rs 9.46 lakh (ex-showroom). This should give an indication of the price and positioning of the TUV300 Plus, when it goes in sale, early next year.
The Mahindra TUV 300 Plus is, essentially, a TUV300 with a longer wheelbase and proper third row of seats, courtesy of the longer dimensions. Expect Mahindra to also thrown in an improved feature list to differentiate the TUV300 Plus from the sub-4 metre TUV300. The TUV300 Plus' design is identical to the smaller TUV300, as it retains the same, boxy design. The head and tail lamp design is tweaked slightly, but there's not a lot that visually distinguishes the TUV300 Plus from TUV300.
While powertrain details have not been revealed, expect the TUV300 Plus to get the same, 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that produces 120PS. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and we expect Mahindra to offer an AMT variant as well.
The Mahindra TUV300 had been spotted testing recently and the launch is expected sometime around the 2018 Auto Expo. Prices are expected to begin from Rs 8.5 lakh, going up to Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.59 Lakhs
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review