2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
More images have emerged of the Mahindra TUV300 Plus arriving at dealerships across India. Mahindra chairman Anand Mahindra also confirmed via a tweet that a few more customers have received delivery of this SUV. This follows the strategy Mahindra has adopted for the TUV300 Plus, where it has been selling the vehicle to select customers to garner buyer feedback before the SUV officially launches in a few months.
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus is, essentially, a TUV300 with a longer wheelbase and proper third row of seats, courtesy of the longer dimensions. Expect Mahindra to also thrown in an improved feature list to differentiate the TUV300 Plus from the sub-4 metre TUV300. The TUV300 Plus' design is identical to the smaller TUV300, as it retains the same, boxy design. The head and tail lamp design is tweaked slightly, but there's not a lot that visually distinguishes the TUV300 Plus from TUV300.
The brochure for the TUV300 Plus has also been leaked and this shows the SUV to be powered by a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine(mHawk) which puts out 120PS and 280Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual.
The TUV300 Plus is only being offered in a P4 trim level as of now. This variant comes with 16-inch tyres shod on steel rims. Disc brakes are available at the front and there are drums at the rear. Seating is available for 9 passengers.
The mid-level P4 variant is relatively sparsely equipped, given this car's market positioning and comes with features like power steering, tilt adjust for the steering, front and rear power windows, central locking, manual air conditioner with heater, internally adjustable ORVMs, 2 12V charging points. There are four colour options available ? Bold Black, Majestic Silver, Dynamo Red, and Glacier White.
Given that the Scorpio has become more upmarket in its present generation, the TUV300 Plus fills the gap between that car and the Bolero. The TUV300 Plus will cater to urban and non-urban customers and also be a favourite of fleet operators. We expect the TUV300 Plus to be priced between Rs 9 to 12 lakh.
Image Source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show