2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift launched at Rs 12.32 lakh
Mahindra has launched the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift at Rs 12.32 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). This is the second facelift for the car and is the most extensive one yet. Changes have been made to the exteriors, interiors as well as the powertrain.
In terms of exterior changes, the 2018 XUV 500 gets a larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs. The redesigned bumper now sports a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish. It is the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift that receives a substantial update. While the vertically positioned tail lights were impressive, the new offering now comes with a triangular design with inserts into the tailgate. Also, the tailgate design has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red.
The cabin of the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift is now equipped with new tan leather upholstered seats. The materials used in the trims such as the piano back surround and faux-aluminium are also more upmarket than the earlier car. The infotainment system in the previous offering was already updated. However, this time around Mahindra is introducing a smartwatch app as well.
The updated 2.2-litre powertrain now makes 155PS and generates 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. This motor comes with a new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl, up from the earlier car's 15.1 kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the older 140PS version. The 2.2 -litre petrol option remains unchanged.
With this update, Mahindra will be hoping the XUV 500 can be a more competent rival to cars such as the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur. While the Mahindra has always impressed with its VFM proposition, rear-seat comfort and features; this new update will help the XUV 500 compete better in terms of styling and powertrain options.
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers