2018 Mahindra XUV700 (Ssangyong G4 Rexton) flagship SUV to be launched in India on October 9
Mahindra seems to have finalised the date for the launch of its new flagship 7-seater SUV, the XUV700. Based on the Ssangyong G4 Rexton, the new SUV reportedly named Mahindra XUV700 will be launched in India on October 9. The 2018 Mahindra XUV700 was recently spotted undergoing high altitude testing in Leh. This vehicle has been spotted undergoing such testing earlier as well, but Mahindra seems to have completed giving finishing touches to the India-spec SUV, ahead of its launch next month. Mahindra had first showcased the SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. The XUV700 will go up against the likes of SUVs including the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour but could be priced comparatively lower.
The Indian automobile manufacturer has clearly mentioned that the new SUV will be a rebranded version of the G4 Rexton sold in the international markets under the Ssangyong brand. The all-new Mahindra SUV's name has not been confirmed yet. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, 9 airbags and electric parking brake.
The company states that this SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A 6-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The new Rexton/XUV700 will be a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra in 2018 after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover