2018 Malaysian Superbike Championship: Victory for K Rajini at season-opening race at Sepang
The first round of the 2018 Malaysian Superbike Championship was held at Sepang between the 11th and 13th of May. The RACR Team fielded four riders in the championship - Vishwadev Muralidharan in the Super 250 class, Abhijith Prasad and Ritesh Sapre in the 600cc Supersport class and K Rajini in the Superbike 1000cc open class.
The weekend went quite well for K Rajini, who won the Malaysian Superbike Championship back in 2015. The Indian rider managed to win the first race of the season, having started third on the grid, which gave him valuable points in the championship. In the second race though, things didn't quite go according to plan, with Rajini only ending in fifth position. This was after he ran second in the initial stages of the race, then fell on the third lap, fell back to 18th position, and climbed back up the order and ended fifth.
It was a mixed weekend for the rest of the team. Vishwadev Muralidharan finished eighth in Race 1 of the Super 250 class, and seventh in Race 2. In the 600cc Supersport class, Abhijith Prasad took fifth place, while Ritesh Sapre finished eleventh. Prasad finished ninth in Race 2, while Sapre could do no better than 18th place.
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise