2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift: More spied images
We did get a glimpse of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift without any camouflage last week. However, this time around there are fresh set of spied images of the Ciaz facelift, giving more details of the updated design. Though Maruti Suzuki has not revealed any timeline for the launch of the Ciaz facelift in India, we believe it will arrive in the festive season. Whether the Ciaz facelift will launch before the new Ertiga is something that we need to wait and see.
For now, let's focus on the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift. The front profile of the sedan receives more updates than any other, as has been the norm with facelifts. The grille has become thinner and more subtle. Unlike the earlier car, there is restrained use of chrome with only a thin strip above the grille.
The headlamps are reprofiled as well with new LED DRLs. The front bumper design has been tweaked with C-shaped chrome inserts around the fog lamps. The side and the rear have been largely left untouched. Not that the existing Ciaz looks any less appealing but the design change on the Ciaz facelift should keep it updated against its rivals.
The cabin of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift too will feature minor updates in the form of all-black trims and also an updated instrument cluster. However, the cabin design, as seen from the image, looks identical to the present offering. Connectivity features like CarPlay and Android Auto and spacious cabin will continue to be one of the highlights of the cabin.
Also, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift will feature the 1.5-litre motor recently seen on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. The 1.3-litre diesel motor will be carried over unchanged.
Spy images of the new Ciaz have been doing the rounds and we can expect similar changes on the Indian-market cars. The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Images source: GaadiWaadi
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added