2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
Maruti Suzuki has issued a recall for its recently launched Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift. The company is calling this a proactive service campaign and assures there are no safety concerns with the affected cars.
The cars are being recalled to replace the speedometer assembly and the owners' manual. This is being done on the diesel powered Alpha and Zeta for the cars manufactured between August 1 and September 21, 2018. The number of cars affected amount to 880.
This service campaign began on October 29. The company has created a special page on its website for this purpose. Owners of the new facilitated Ciaz can enter their cars' vehicle identification number to check if it is affected by the issue. The replacement is being done free of cost at the company's service centre.
The facelifted Ciaz launched in India on August 20. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift features the 1.5-litre petrol motor also seen on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the earlier car. The 1.3-litre FCA-sourced diesel motor carries over unchanged, This is an inline four-cylinder turbo diesel which makes 90PS/200Nm.
The Ciaz has also received a host of cosmetic and safety upgrades with this revamp. Prices for the new Ciaz start at Rs 8.19 lakh for the base Sigma petrol and goes up to Rs 10.97 lakh for the Alpha diesel and petrol AT variants. All prices are ex-showroom India.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip