2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has launched the 2018 Ciaz facelift priced from Rs 8.19 lakh to 9.97 lakh for the petrol manual, Rs 9.8 lakh to 10.97 lakh for the petrol automatic and from Rs 9.19 lakh to 10.97 lakh for the diesel variant (all prices ex-showroom). The petrol engine option is a new K15 1.5-litre motor. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has been given a mid-life makeover and the timing couldn't have been better. With the Verna taking the game forward and new entrants like the Toyota Yaris reinstating belief in the executive sedan segment, the Ciaz now offers more value than ever.
Soon after its launch, the first-gen Ciaz had made the journey from the popular Suzuki showrooms to the more premium Nexa outfit - which itself has been received very well for what it is. The midlife makeover brings in a more premium kit and spec to the Ciaz go with that premium brand image that it's Nexa placement demands.
The big headline for the Ciaz is a new 1.5-litre petrol engine, which belongs to the K-Series of engines and is classified as the K15. It replaces the erstwhile 1.4-litre engine and produces a healthier 105PS of power at 6,000rpm and 138Nm of torque at 4,400rpm. The engine is mated to the SHVS micro-hybrid tech and the drivetrain options include a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic.
The engine boasts of an improved fuel economy too, thanks to the improved mild hybrid technologies and regenerative braking. The diesel option continues to come in the form of the 1.3-litre DDiS four-cylinder oiler which transfers 90PS and 200Nm to the road via a 5-speed manual transmission.
The design sees an update too. The front end has been redone with a redesigned headlight unit that now features LED headlamps (with automatic and auto levelling functions) and daytime running lights. The grille forms a seamless design with the headlights. The bumpers have been re-profiled too. The cabin sees a facelift with a new wooden trim and redesigned upholstery. The multi-info display in the instrumentation is more detailed too and is 4.2-inch in size.
The safety tech includes dual airbags, ABS, and Isofix child seat anchorage - which is standard. So are speed limit warning and a seatbelt reminder for the front seats. The Ciaz also comes with ESP and hill hold assist on the petrol automatic.
Images: Anis Shaikh
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019