2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has launched the 2018 Ciaz facelift priced from Rs 8.19 lakh to 9.97 lakh for the petrol manual, Rs 9.8 lakh to 10.97 lakh for the petrol automatic and from Rs 9.19 lakh to 10.97 lakh for the diesel variant (all prices ex-showroom). The petrol engine option is a new K15 1.5-litre motor. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has been given a mid-life makeover and the timing couldn't have been better. With the Verna taking the game forward and new entrants like the Toyota Yaris reinstating belief in the executive sedan segment, the Ciaz now offers more value than ever.
Soon after its launch, the first-gen Ciaz had made the journey from the popular Suzuki showrooms to the more premium Nexa outfit - which itself has been received very well for what it is. The midlife makeover brings in a more premium kit and spec to the Ciaz go with that premium brand image that it's Nexa placement demands.
The big headline for the Ciaz is a new 1.5-litre petrol engine, which belongs to the K-Series of engines and is classified as the K15. It replaces the erstwhile 1.4-litre engine and produces a healthier 105PS of power at 6,000rpm and 138Nm of torque at 4,400rpm. The engine is mated to the SHVS micro-hybrid tech and the drivetrain options include a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic.
The engine boasts of an improved fuel economy too, thanks to the improved mild hybrid technologies and regenerative braking. The diesel option continues to come in the form of the 1.3-litre DDiS four-cylinder oiler which transfers 90PS and 200Nm to the road via a 5-speed manual transmission.
The design sees an update too. The front end has been redone with a redesigned headlight unit that now features LED headlamps (with automatic and auto levelling functions) and daytime running lights. The grille forms a seamless design with the headlights. The bumpers have been re-profiled too. The cabin sees a facelift with a new wooden trim and redesigned upholstery. The multi-info display in the instrumentation is more detailed too and is 4.2-inch in size.
The safety tech includes dual airbags, ABS, and Isofix child seat anchorage - which is standard. So are speed limit warning and a seatbelt reminder for the front seats. The Ciaz also comes with ESP and hill hold assist on the petrol automatic.
Images: Anis Shaikh
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Sport unveils the updated Audi R8 for 2019
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- FeaturesMG Motor India: What we'd like to see in their first SUV
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video