2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
Abhishek Mishra (co-driven by V Venu Rameshkumar) continues to lead the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm at the end of the penultimate leg. There were four stages in all, including a night stage that turned out to be pretty challenging. To add to the difficulty, the drivers as well as riders in the Moto Class were mandated to use a road book scroll to navigate only. Use of GPS was banned for this leg.
With the last leg consisting of a short stage, it is Mishra's rally to lose. However, Raj Singh Rathore, who stands second after Leg 4 is expected to keep pushing hard in hope of snatching the title potential title from Mishra. Rathore is driving his Isuzu Dmax V cross almost flat out at every stage and has covered quite a lot of ground to be in a position to win.
Maruti Suzuki Motorsport's Sandeep Sharma had a disastrous outing on Leg 4. He was caught out by the depth of the sand at one stage, which caused his Maruti S Cross to sink in and beach itself. A tractor have to be summoned to pull the car out. This however caused some mechanical problems due to which Sharma was forced to retire.
If that wasn't enough, Maruti Suzuki Motorsport's Dharampal Jangra also had to retire after his Vitara Brezza suffered mechanical gremlins.
In the Moto Class, Aaron Mare of team Angata Racing is at the top of the board, closely followed by TVS Racing's Lorenzo Santolino.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased