2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga debuted at the 2018 Indonesia International Motor Show, and ever since has been anticipated in the country. Now come reports that suggest the 2018 Ertiga will be launched in India on November 21. And this no mere facelift. It is a larger, redesigned MPV that could take the fight to the Mahindra Marazzo.
Dimensionally, the new Ertiga is 130mm longer, 40mm wider and 5mm taller than its predecessor but the wheelbase remains the same at 2,740mm. Boot space is 153 litres, up 18 litres from earlier, with all seats up, and expandable to 803 litres (up 68 litres) with second and third row seats down.
The front fascia is completely new and now comes with wider double-barrel trapezoidal projector headlamps. The grille is now slightly larger as well and has heavy chrome detailing. The front bumper is more aggressively styled with a few prominent creases around the foglamps.
At the rear, the biggest change is the LED taillamps, these are now larger and look very similar to the ones on the Honda WR-V. The rear windscreen is more raked than before and sits on top a new tailgate design as well.
The car gets a redesigned and more spacious interior as well. While it shares a number of components with the Swift and Ignis, the overall design of the dash is new. The colour scheme is a beige and wood affair.
Mechanically, the most significant addition to the new Ertiga is a new K15B 1.5-litre petrol motor. This puts out 104PS and 138Nm. Increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. This will be paired with either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed auto. In India, the 1.3-litre diesel motor should also be available.
The new Ertiga is expected to cost roughly Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 more than the outgoing model.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...