2018 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to launch during Diwali, compete with new Hyundai Santro
Reports on the internet suggest that Maruti Suzuki will launch an updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R around Diwali. The hatchback will get changes to its platform and come with updated engines and transmissions.
While an all-new Wagon R was launched in the Japanese market some time ago, underpinned by the lightweight Heartect platform, the Indian-spec car will continue on its current platform. This structure will be updated to make it comply with future safety regulations.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder K10B with 67PS and 90Nm will be carried over but it will now be BSVI compliant. The five-speed manual and AMT will carry owner with improvements in refinement. In terms of design, the Wagon R will carry on with its traditional boxy, tall-boy look which helps maximise interior space.
The new Wagon R will compete with the upcoming Hyundai Santro which also launches around the same time. This segment of the car market is dominated by the Wagon R and the new Hyundai car will hope to re-establish the popularity of the original Santro. These changes to the Wagon R will level the playing field further.
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019