2018 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to launch during Diwali, compete with new Hyundai Santro
Reports on the internet suggest that Maruti Suzuki will launch an updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R around Diwali. The hatchback will get changes to its platform and come with updated engines and transmissions.
While an all-new Wagon R was launched in the Japanese market some time ago, underpinned by the lightweight Heartect platform, the Indian-spec car will continue on its current platform. This structure will be updated to make it comply with future safety regulations.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder K10B with 67PS and 90Nm will be carried over but it will now be BSVI compliant. The five-speed manual and AMT will carry owner with improvements in refinement. In terms of design, the Wagon R will carry on with its traditional boxy, tall-boy look which helps maximise interior space.
The new Wagon R will compete with the upcoming Hyundai Santro which also launches around the same time. This segment of the car market is dominated by the Wagon R and the new Hyundai car will hope to re-establish the popularity of the original Santro. These changes to the Wagon R will level the playing field further.
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show