2018 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to launch during Diwali, compete with new Hyundai Santro
Reports on the internet suggest that Maruti Suzuki will launch an updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R around Diwali. The hatchback will get changes to its platform and come with updated engines and transmissions.
While an all-new Wagon R was launched in the Japanese market some time ago, underpinned by the lightweight Heartect platform, the Indian-spec car will continue on its current platform. This structure will be updated to make it comply with future safety regulations.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder K10B with 67PS and 90Nm will be carried over but it will now be BSVI compliant. The five-speed manual and AMT will carry owner with improvements in refinement. In terms of design, the Wagon R will carry on with its traditional boxy, tall-boy look which helps maximise interior space.
The new Wagon R will compete with the upcoming Hyundai Santro which also launches around the same time. This segment of the car market is dominated by the Wagon R and the new Hyundai car will hope to re-establish the popularity of the original Santro. These changes to the Wagon R will level the playing field further.
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000