2018 Mercedes-AMG GT, GT C and GLC43 4Matic SUV recalled
Mercedes-Benz will be soon recalling AMG GT and GT C sports cars and GLC43 4Matic SUV along with the GLC300, GLC300 4Matic and GLC350e 4Matic SUVs, as reported by Cars.com. The affected vehicles are 2018 make-year models.
The housing for the driver-side airbag inflator in the above-mentioned models may have been made with defective steel. In the event of an airbag deployment, the defective steel may cause the inflator to improperly inflate the driver-side airbag and potentially rupture, which may result in serious injury or death in the event of a crash.
Customers can find out if their vehicles are a part of the recall by calling on 800-367-6372 or even visiting the NHTSA website. If their models are a part of the recall, the customers can visit the dealership and get the front driver-side airbag module replaced for free. It is also being said that Mercedes-Benz will start connecting with owners from May 29 onwards. However, an official confirmation on the same has still not appeared on the Daimler website. We have also reached out to Mercedes-Benz India to find out if the recall affects models sold in India as well. We await an official reply from the manufacturer that we will update in this story.
As per the present mandate, any automobile manufacturer in India that issues a recall has to list it officially on the SIAM website. At the time of publishing this story today on April 12 at 1:00 PM, the website has not listed any recall from Mercedes-Benz India. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we update the story after getting an official update.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty