2018 Mercedes-Benz S 350d, first BS VI compliant vehicle, revealed in India
Mercedes-Benz India has unveiled the first Bharat Stage VI (BS VI) compliant vehicles in India with the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class range. While they conform to the BS VI norms, the Mercedes-Benz S 350d luxury sedan is also compatible with the currently available BS IV fuel. Mercedes-Benz India claims that the nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions have been reduced by 68 per cent, while particulate matter (PM) limit is down bt 82 per cent. The first vehicle to be launched in India with a BS VI compliant engine will be the Mercedes-Benz S 350d in mid-February. Also slated for launch later in the year is the BS VI compliant Mercedes-Maybach S 560 which will be unveiled at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo. The reveal is in line with the company's promise of launching its BS VI compliant range by 2018.
Mercedes-Benz India has also received 'Indian Crash Norm Compliant' certification from Automotive Research Association of India (ARIA) for the Mercedes-Benz S 350d and the Mercedes-Maybach S 560. Union minister of road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari flagged off the first BS VI compliant vehicle, in the presence of Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO Roland Folger, and ARAI director Rashmi Urdhwareshe. The date for the introduction of BS VI compliant fuel has been brought up to 2018 from 2020 in the national capital territory (NCT) of Delhi to curb the rising air pollution and smog situation persisting there. The central government meanwhile has also stated the direction it wants the auto manufacturers to take.
Starts Rs 1.9 Crore
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India