2018 Mercedes-Benz S 350d, first BS VI compliant vehicle, revealed in India
Mercedes-Benz India has unveiled the first Bharat Stage VI (BS VI) compliant vehicles in India with the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class range. While they conform to the BS VI norms, the Mercedes-Benz S 350d luxury sedan is also compatible with the currently available BS IV fuel. Mercedes-Benz India claims that the nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions have been reduced by 68 per cent, while particulate matter (PM) limit is down bt 82 per cent. The first vehicle to be launched in India with a BS VI compliant engine will be the Mercedes-Benz S 350d in mid-February. Also slated for launch later in the year is the BS VI compliant Mercedes-Maybach S 560 which will be unveiled at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo. The reveal is in line with the company's promise of launching its BS VI compliant range by 2018.
Mercedes-Benz India has also received 'Indian Crash Norm Compliant' certification from Automotive Research Association of India (ARIA) for the Mercedes-Benz S 350d and the Mercedes-Maybach S 560. Union minister of road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari flagged off the first BS VI compliant vehicle, in the presence of Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO Roland Folger, and ARAI director Rashmi Urdhwareshe. The date for the introduction of BS VI compliant fuel has been brought up to 2018 from 2020 in the national capital territory (NCT) of Delhi to curb the rising air pollution and smog situation persisting there. The central government meanwhile has also stated the direction it wants the auto manufacturers to take.
Starts Rs 1.94 Crore
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300