2018 Mercedes-Benz S 350d, first BS VI compliant vehicle, revealed in India
Mercedes-Benz India has unveiled the first Bharat Stage VI (BS VI) compliant vehicles in India with the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class range. While they conform to the BS VI norms, the Mercedes-Benz S 350d luxury sedan is also compatible with the currently available BS IV fuel. Mercedes-Benz India claims that the nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions have been reduced by 68 per cent, while particulate matter (PM) limit is down bt 82 per cent. The first vehicle to be launched in India with a BS VI compliant engine will be the Mercedes-Benz S 350d in mid-February. Also slated for launch later in the year is the BS VI compliant Mercedes-Maybach S 560 which will be unveiled at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo. The reveal is in line with the company's promise of launching its BS VI compliant range by 2018.
Mercedes-Benz India has also received 'Indian Crash Norm Compliant' certification from Automotive Research Association of India (ARIA) for the Mercedes-Benz S 350d and the Mercedes-Maybach S 560. Union minister of road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari flagged off the first BS VI compliant vehicle, in the presence of Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO Roland Folger, and ARAI director Rashmi Urdhwareshe. The date for the introduction of BS VI compliant fuel has been brought up to 2018 from 2020 in the national capital territory (NCT) of Delhi to curb the rising air pollution and smog situation persisting there. The central government meanwhile has also stated the direction it wants the auto manufacturers to take.
Starts Rs 1.99 Crore
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055