2018 Mini Cooper facelift revealed, features DCT and new tech
The 2018 Mini Cooper Hatch and 2018 Mini Cooper Convertible facelifts have just been revealed globally, and they bring with them, a host of upgrades and new standard features including CarPlay integration. The new 2018 Mini Cooper hatchback and convertible models will now feature a 7-speed Steptronic dual-clutch transmission (DCT) option which replaces the six-speed auto found on the generation of Mini cars, as well as the fifth engine option of a 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol motor which produces 190Nm. The 2018 Mini models also receive additions to their standard equipment, which include LED taillamps with a Union Jack (UK national flag) imprint. The 2018 Mini also features LED headlamps with single-ring DRLs. The badging on the 2018 Mini Cooper has also been refreshed, and there are now three additional paint options. Mini also offers the option of 3D-printed, customised exterior trim pieces.
Inside the 2018 Mini Cooper, a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system is now standard, and it packs in Apple CarPlay, Mini Navigation, Mini Connected Services with Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI), Natural Language Understanding, and Concierge Service. Mini has also included a wireless smartphone charger in the list of kit. The 2018 Mini will be launched internationally by mid-2018, and could subsequently come to India. Currently, in its various forms, the Mini comes with a 2-litre petrol, or 1.5-litre and 2.-litre diesel options. The most bonkers of them is the twin-turbo 2-litre petrol motor on the Mini Cooper S JWC Pro Edition, which we had loved.
Starts Rs 38.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 33.2 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- NewsSpecification comparison: Hero Xtreme 160R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4V vs Bajaj Pulsar NS160 vs Suzuki Gixxer 155 vs Yamaha FZ-S Fi V3.0
- FeaturesFive best V12-powered cars you can buy in 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block