2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
BMW will launch the second generation of the Mini Countryman in India on May 3, after the car was unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Mini Countryman shares its underpinnings with the latest generation of the BMW X1.
Unlike the last car, this generation of the Countryman is being produced at BMW's Chennai plant which should help drive costs down significantly since CBUs attract high import duties. The new Mini Countryman will be available in two petrol variants - Mini Countryman Cooper S and Mini Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired - and one diesel model - Mini Countryman Cooper SD.
Engine options include a 2-litre, Twin Power Turbo, four-cylinder petrol engine that develops 192 PS and 280 Nm. The Mini Countryman Cooper SD gets a four-cylinder diesel engine that generates a peak output of 190 hp and a maximum torque of 400 Nm. It can sprint from 0-100 kmph in 7.7 seconds up to a top speed is 220 km/hr. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed transmission. The Mini Countryman Cooper S JCW is equipped with an aerodynamic kit, rear roof spoiler and 18-inch JCW thrill spoke alloy wheels.
The 2018 Mini Countryman will include a 6.5-inch or 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, drive modes, cruise control, parking assistance and a head-up display.
The Countryman has been redesigned from the ground up and while all the traditional Mini styling cues remain, a noticeable change is the car's new stance. It looks less like a traditional SUV as is the X1 and has a more jacked-up estate look to it. This Countryman targets a more youthful, non-traditional buyer as compared to a regular BMW owner.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur
- NewsHero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
- News2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
- NewsMercedes-AMG launches the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt and SLC 43 RedArt limited edition cars in India