2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
Mitsubishi Motors' India website states that the company has started accepting bookings for the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander. The company had stated in August that the car would be launched in the country. Deliveries should commence by next month and the car is expected to come at a price of around Rs 30 lakh (ex-showroom).
Image shows the international version
The Indian-spec Mitsubishi Outlander is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder motor which puts out 167PS and 222Nm. This is paired with a 6-speed CVT with paddle shifters. The monocoque constructed SUV is equipped with an electronic four-wheel drive system with selectable modes
The exterior design of the car follows the latest iteration of Mitsubishi's global design language. The front end has more angular cuts and creases, the 16-inch alloy design is fresh and the rear styling is also quite modern. Like most of its other competition, the car looks quite simplistic when viewed in profile. The lighting is full-LED.
The Outlander comes with a seven-seater layout and its all-black leather-trimmed interior is equipped with features like automatic headlights and wipers, dual-zone climate control, sunroof, an electric parking brake with auto-hold, keyless entry and push-button start, heated seats and a 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment with a 710W Rockford-Fosgate music system.
Safety features include seven airbags, ABS, EBD, stability control and hill-start assist.
The Mitsubishi Outlander has its work cut out for itself in the Indian market. The car is well-equipped and should have the high-standard of engineering and dependability that Mitsubishis are known. But the company's dealer network is sparse, the car is only available as a petrol and its competition includes very capable cars like the Skoda Kodiaq and the upcoming Honda CR-V. Mitsubishi will have to price the Outlander very aggressively for it to make a mark in the Indian SUV market
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix