2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
Mitsubishi Motors' India website states that the company has started accepting bookings for the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander. The company had stated in August that the car would be launched in the country. Deliveries should commence by next month and the car is expected to come at a price of around Rs 30 lakh (ex-showroom).
Image shows the international version
The Indian-spec Mitsubishi Outlander is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder motor which puts out 167PS and 222Nm. This is paired with a 6-speed CVT with paddle shifters. The monocoque constructed SUV is equipped with an electronic four-wheel drive system with selectable modes
The exterior design of the car follows the latest iteration of Mitsubishi's global design language. The front end has more angular cuts and creases, the 16-inch alloy design is fresh and the rear styling is also quite modern. Like most of its other competition, the car looks quite simplistic when viewed in profile. The lighting is full-LED.
The Outlander comes with a seven-seater layout and its all-black leather-trimmed interior is equipped with features like automatic headlights and wipers, dual-zone climate control, sunroof, an electric parking brake with auto-hold, keyless entry and push-button start, heated seats and a 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment with a 710W Rockford-Fosgate music system.
Safety features include seven airbags, ABS, EBD, stability control and hill-start assist.
The Mitsubishi Outlander has its work cut out for itself in the Indian market. The car is well-equipped and should have the high-standard of engineering and dependability that Mitsubishis are known. But the company's dealer network is sparse, the car is only available as a petrol and its competition includes very capable cars like the Skoda Kodiaq and the upcoming Honda CR-V. Mitsubishi will have to price the Outlander very aggressively for it to make a mark in the Indian SUV market
Starts Rs 32.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh