2018 New York Motor Show: 444PS/600Nm Audi RS5 Sportback showcased
Audi took the ongoing 2018 New York Motor Show as a platform to debut the all-new RS5 Sportback. This successor of the RS4 sedan continues to lock horns with the Mercedes-AMG C63 S coupe and the BMW M4. However, the RS5 Sportback will now also compete with the likes of BMW M3 and the Mercedes-AMG C63 sedan. The Audi RS 5 Sportback will be initially available in dealerships in the USA and Canada from the second half of 2018.
The 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback looks a lot more sportier and appealing than the RS4 sedan
The new Audi RS 5 Sportback gets a longer wheelbase, short overhangs and long, wraparound engine hood. This Sportback offering features a wide, flat single-frame grille, solid air intakes with a honeycomb structure typical of an RS model, and a front spoiler with matte aluminum quattro lettering. The RS 5 also gets an RS-specific diffuser insert, RS exhaust system with oval tailpipes and a fixed spoiler lip. The RS 5 Sportback comes with 19-inch wheels as standard whereas 20-inch wheels are available as an optional extra. The new Audi RS 5 Sportback can be customized with the gloss black, carbon and matte aluminum optic packages.
With the standard RS sports suspension, the RS 5 Sportback is seven millimeters lower than the Audi S5
The cabin of the Sportback comes with RS sport seats with optional honeycomb pattern in fine Nappa leather, and the flat-bottomed multifunction sports leather steering wheel. The RS emblems can be found on the seats, the steering wheel, the sill panel strips and on the selector lever.
The 2.9 TFSI V6 twin turbo engine in the Audi RS5 Sportback produces a power output of 444PS and generates 600Nm of torque. Audi states that the turbochargers are mounted at a 90-degree angle to the cylinder banks, which means that the exhaust side of the cylinder heads is inside, and the intake side is outside. This layout enables a compact design and short fuel paths with minimal flow loss. The Audi RS5 Sportback has a claimed top speed of 280kmph and can reach close to 100kmph in a claimed 3.9 seconds. The RS5 Sportback comes with the the quattro permanent all wheel drive with center differential. Power is sent to all four wheels with the help of an eight-speed tiptronic transmission. Additionally, the new offering sports RS sport suspension plus with dynamic ride control, ceramic brakes and RS-specific dynamic steering.
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased