2018 New York Motor Show: 444PS/600Nm Audi RS5 Sportback showcased
Audi took the ongoing 2018 New York Motor Show as a platform to debut the all-new RS5 Sportback. This successor of the RS4 sedan continues to lock horns with the Mercedes-AMG C63 S coupe and the BMW M4. However, the RS5 Sportback will now also compete with the likes of BMW M3 and the Mercedes-AMG C63 sedan. The Audi RS 5 Sportback will be initially available in dealerships in the USA and Canada from the second half of 2018.
The 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback looks a lot more sportier and appealing than the RS4 sedan
The new Audi RS 5 Sportback gets a longer wheelbase, short overhangs and long, wraparound engine hood. This Sportback offering features a wide, flat single-frame grille, solid air intakes with a honeycomb structure typical of an RS model, and a front spoiler with matte aluminum quattro lettering. The RS 5 also gets an RS-specific diffuser insert, RS exhaust system with oval tailpipes and a fixed spoiler lip. The RS 5 Sportback comes with 19-inch wheels as standard whereas 20-inch wheels are available as an optional extra. The new Audi RS 5 Sportback can be customized with the gloss black, carbon and matte aluminum optic packages.
With the standard RS sports suspension, the RS 5 Sportback is seven millimeters lower than the Audi S5
The cabin of the Sportback comes with RS sport seats with optional honeycomb pattern in fine Nappa leather, and the flat-bottomed multifunction sports leather steering wheel. The RS emblems can be found on the seats, the steering wheel, the sill panel strips and on the selector lever.
The 2.9 TFSI V6 twin turbo engine in the Audi RS5 Sportback produces a power output of 444PS and generates 600Nm of torque. Audi states that the turbochargers are mounted at a 90-degree angle to the cylinder banks, which means that the exhaust side of the cylinder heads is inside, and the intake side is outside. This layout enables a compact design and short fuel paths with minimal flow loss. The Audi RS5 Sportback has a claimed top speed of 280kmph and can reach close to 100kmph in a claimed 3.9 seconds. The RS5 Sportback comes with the the quattro permanent all wheel drive with center differential. Power is sent to all four wheels with the help of an eight-speed tiptronic transmission. Additionally, the new offering sports RS sport suspension plus with dynamic ride control, ceramic brakes and RS-specific dynamic steering.
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know