2018 Nissan Leaf to be unveiled on September 6, 2017
The new generation Leaf has been in news for quite some time now for it is expected to come with the most advanced tech in Nissan's electric mobility. The 2018 Nissan will bid adieu to the first generation design that was seen for nearly six years since its launch in 2011. In addition, it will also come equipped with ProPilot autonomous technology.
2018 Nissan gets all new LED headlights with DRLs
The Nissan Leaf has been the poster boy of electric automobiles as it is the largest selling EV with over 2.8 lakh units sold till date. The 2018 Nissan Leaf adopts the new age design, something that the company has been teasing online. While the new look will be a huge aesthetic improvement over the previous version, Nissan also states that the same will be more aerodynamic and hence the 2018 Leaf is believed to be more efficient. There will be an optional aero package that will increase the efficiency of the Leaf as well as make it stable at higher speeds, claims the company. It is being said that the base model of the new-gen Leaf will be powered by a 40 kWh battery that could deliver a range of 240km. The more premium version might be offered with a 60kWh battery that is believed to offer a range of 321km. Just for reference, the Tesla Model 3 claims a range of 354-500kmph.
However, the highlight of the 2018 Nissan Leaf will be the semi-autonomous function called ProPILOT. Not to be mistaken with the tech that comes in the Tesla, this one is different. In Nissan's lingo, the ProPILOT supports drivers by helping control acceleration, braking and steering during single-lane driving on the highway. This helps the vehicle drive safely in the lane and at the same time maintain safe distance between itself and the following car making a level two autonomy. Though this is the initial phase, the company plans to introduce more features which might make it inch closer to the tech in Tesla. This feature was first seen in the Nissan Serena minivan in 2016.
To get all the latest updates on the launch of the 2018 Nissan Leaf, stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will be covering the event live from Japan. Here is a link to the webcast of the launch of new-gen Nissan Micra.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000