2018 Nissan Leaf to be unveiled on September 6, 2017
The new generation Leaf has been in news for quite some time now for it is expected to come with the most advanced tech in Nissan's electric mobility. The 2018 Nissan will bid adieu to the first generation design that was seen for nearly six years since its launch in 2011. In addition, it will also come equipped with ProPilot autonomous technology.
2018 Nissan gets all new LED headlights with DRLs
The Nissan Leaf has been the poster boy of electric automobiles as it is the largest selling EV with over 2.8 lakh units sold till date. The 2018 Nissan Leaf adopts the new age design, something that the company has been teasing online. While the new look will be a huge aesthetic improvement over the previous version, Nissan also states that the same will be more aerodynamic and hence the 2018 Leaf is believed to be more efficient. There will be an optional aero package that will increase the efficiency of the Leaf as well as make it stable at higher speeds, claims the company. It is being said that the base model of the new-gen Leaf will be powered by a 40 kWh battery that could deliver a range of 240km. The more premium version might be offered with a 60kWh battery that is believed to offer a range of 321km. Just for reference, the Tesla Model 3 claims a range of 354-500kmph.
However, the highlight of the 2018 Nissan Leaf will be the semi-autonomous function called ProPILOT. Not to be mistaken with the tech that comes in the Tesla, this one is different. In Nissan's lingo, the ProPILOT supports drivers by helping control acceleration, braking and steering during single-lane driving on the highway. This helps the vehicle drive safely in the lane and at the same time maintain safe distance between itself and the following car making a level two autonomy. Though this is the initial phase, the company plans to introduce more features which might make it inch closer to the tech in Tesla. This feature was first seen in the Nissan Serena minivan in 2016.
To get all the latest updates on the launch of the 2018 Nissan Leaf, stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will be covering the event live from Japan. Here is a link to the webcast of the launch of new-gen Nissan Micra.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles