2018 Panafrica Rally: Sherco TVS' Michael Metge finishes first in overall standings
In the 2018 edition of the Panafrica Rally being held in Morocco between the September 8-15, the Sherco TVS Factory Rally held on to its good run right up to the final stages. Its rider, Michael Metge finished first overall with a time of 12h 51m 53s. His brother Adrien Metge finished in third place when he completed the course in 13h 37m 48s. Adrien had begun the rally on a high note. He finished Stage 1 in first place but then dropped to second behind his brother for the second stage. He narrowly missed out on the second place for this stage too, Mario Patrao beat him to that spot by just 2m 41s.
Michael Metge is currently ranked first after two stages of rallying
The teams other rider, Abdul Wahid Tanveer, also put up a good show. He finished at the top of the Enduro class and eightn in the overall standing. Sadly, KP Arvind crashed out in the first stage and couldn't make a mark after that. But the other highlight of the Panafrica Rally was Ashish Raorane, the only Indian privateer at the event. He put up a good show in his first international rally, finishing eighth in the Enduro class and 18th overall.
The Panafrica rally test its participants with its mix of fast, sandy stages and the use of road-book navigation.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani