2018 Panafrica Rally: Sherco TVS' Michael Metge finishes first in overall standings
In the 2018 edition of the Panafrica Rally being held in Morocco between the September 8-15, the Sherco TVS Factory Rally held on to its good run right up to the final stages. Its rider, Michael Metge finished first overall with a time of 12h 51m 53s. His brother Adrien Metge finished in third place when he completed the course in 13h 37m 48s. Adrien had begun the rally on a high note. He finished Stage 1 in first place but then dropped to second behind his brother for the second stage. He narrowly missed out on the second place for this stage too, Mario Patrao beat him to that spot by just 2m 41s.
Michael Metge is currently ranked first after two stages of rallying
The teams other rider, Abdul Wahid Tanveer, also put up a good show. He finished at the top of the Enduro class and eightn in the overall standing. Sadly, KP Arvind crashed out in the first stage and couldn't make a mark after that. But the other highlight of the Panafrica Rally was Ashish Raorane, the only Indian privateer at the event. He put up a good show in his first international rally, finishing eighth in the Enduro class and 18th overall.
The Panafrica rally test its participants with its mix of fast, sandy stages and the use of road-book navigation.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil