2018 Paris Motor Show: Renault all-electric K-ZE concept
Renault has previewed a new all-electric concept, the K-ZE. Exciting news, since it looks like a Kwid and it's being hailed as an affordable electric car. Unfortunately, the K-ZE is planned for the Chinese market first, with its launch set to take place next year. European markets will follow by 2021, and India might see the production version basis several factors, including how lucrative (and conducive) the market for electric cars becomes in the next few years.
The K-ZE is meant to be an affordable, A-segment car, so it was natural for Renault to look at its CMF-A platform, developed for the Kwid, to underpin it. Though, we're told the platform has been heavily modified for the purpose, including its sub-frame and axles. Apart from a claimed 250km range, on the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle), not much is known about the K-ZE's drivetrain.
The car will score high on features despite its affordable price, with rear parking sensors, cameras, connected navigation and services, touchscreen infotainment, twin airbags, automatic braking, automatic headlights and more. Its double-charging capability means it can be juiced up via wall socket or quick charger.
The K-ZE will be manufactured locally by e-GT New Energy Automotive Co, the joint venture with Dongfeng Motor Group and alliance partner, Nissan, which was created to develop competitive electric vehicles for the Chinese market. Currently, Renault's only EV is the Zoe, the best-selling plug-in electric car in Europe, and we expect the production version of the K-ZE to be positioned below it.
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh