2018 Paris Motor Show: Skoda Kodiaq RS sets a unique Nurburgring lap record
The Kodiaq is the first SUV from Skoda to wear the illustrious vRS badge. The bigger headline is that it has set a lap time of 9:29.84 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Agreed, those numbers are nowhere near what super SUVs manage around the Green Hell, but the Kodiaq gets bragging rights because it is the fastest seven-seater crossover to achieve a respectable sub-10min run at the famous northern loop. Enabling the car these rights was the skill of veteran Nurburgring race driver, Sabine Schmitz - better known to the petrolhead tribe as the queen of the 'ring.
Another astonishing fact that could give the petrolheads a lump in their throat is that the Kodiaq RS is powered by a 2.0l diesel! The twin-turbocharged four-cylinder oiler puts out 240PS of power, can achieve a top whack of 220kmph and can sprint from naught to 100kmph in seven seconds.
The Kodaiq RS also debuts a new vRS badge, which now sports a red colour for the vee as well as the spacer, followed by the chromed out 'RS' letters as before. The vRS badges are found on the grille, boot lid and inside the car. In typical RS style, the cabin gets Alcantara upholstery and sports seats. Skoda's also implemented a fully-digital instrumentation similar to the virtual cockpit in its corporate siblings. Exterior highlights include the 22-inch alloys, twin exhaust pipes and a seamless reflective strip on the rear bumper.
Starts Rs 34.49 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900