2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS debuts with Forza Motorsport 7
Whenever an automobile manufacturer wants to debut its newest offering, the venues chosen often range between auto shows or luxury hotels. However, Porsche decided to do something unique. They debuted the much-anticipated 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS at the launch of the Forza Motorsport 7 simulator racing game at the Microsoft Xbox E3 press conference.
2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Why are we calling it much anticipated? The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS is going to be the most powerful 911 ever made. While the supercar made its first appearance at the game launch, Porsche has not revealed the numbers that the motor makes. It is being said that Porsche will use the same twin-turbocharged motor that does duty in the Turbo S. However, the motor will receive substantial tweaks with the help of bigger turbochargers as well as water injection. The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS is rumoured to produce 640PS with the 3.8-litre flat-6 engine. And all that power will be sent to the rear wheels with the help of Porsche's PDK gearbox. If that power output is true, the new-gen 911 GT2 RS will make 20PS more than the previous iteration. Additional numbers of the previous model include 700Nm and top speed of 330kmh.
As been the case with the GT RS models by Porsche, we believe the 2018 911 GT2 RS too will be made in limited numbers. Porsche has not made any official announcement regarding the launch of the new-gen 911 GT2 RS. But if the test mules that have been spotted doing rounds on the famous Nurburgring track, the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS looks production ready. If you can't wait for the real deal, wait till October when the Forza Motorsport 7 arrives, and there you can drive the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS on a track of your choice.
Earlier this year, the Tamo Racemo, Tata Motors' flagship sportscar, made its debut in Forza Horizon 3. Unveiled at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show, the Tamo Racemo's turbocharged, 1.2-litre 3-cylinder Revotron motor produces 188PS of power. It will have a limited production run of 250 vehicles. To know everything about the TAMO Racemo, click here.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions