2018 Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs 2.31 Crore
Porsche has launched the new 911 GT3 in India at Rs 2.31 crore, ex-India . This is a development over the previous Porsche 911 GT3 and not an entirely new car. That said, the new Porsche 911 GT3 features a raft of technological improvements that make the car a lot more faster and capable than the previous 911 GT3.
The most significant change is the introduction of a brand new, 4-litre, naturally aspirated flat-six engine that develops 500PS and 460 Nm of torque. The new motor revs up to 9,000rpm, just like the 3.8 -litre motor in the previous GT3. The big news, however, is that Porsche will offer the new 911 GT3 with a six-speed manual transmission in addition to the super quick, 7-speed PDK automatic. Porsche's decision to offer a manual gearbox in the GT3 was taken after many Porsche purists were unhappy about the company's decision to offer the previous GT3 with a PDK gearbox only.
Porsche claims the new 911 GT3 with the manual transmission can accelerate from 0-100kmph 3.8 seconds whereas the PDK equipped version is faster, taking 3.2 seconds to cross the 100kph mark from standstill. Additional, it can reach a top speed of 318kmph.
Porsche has focused on improving the aerodynamics of the new 911 GT3. There's 20 percent more downforce without any increase in drag, which was achieved by working on the underside of the car. There's a huge spoiler that sits higher and further back than the one on its predecessor.
Handling tweaks include integrated auxiliary springs in the rear suspension from the GT3 RS and rear wheel steering as standard. The Porsche 911 GT3 can booked at any Porsche Centre across the country.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Toyota finally win at the Circuit de la Sarthe
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: Thank you for introducing me to the world of motorcycles
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: My royal Enfield Bullet 350 is the essence of everything I remember my Dad for
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Kazuki Nakajima puts No.8 Toyota on pole
- NewsVolvo announces Polestar developed S60 T8 Twin Engine
- OpinionThe wet lap
- NewsMaruti Suzuki ends production of the Ignis diesel variant
- News2019 KTM 390 Adventure: Four ADV motorcycles it will compete with in India
- NewsKTM India confirms 390 Adventure days before BMW G 310 GS launch. What does it mean?