2018 Rainforest Challenge India to be sponsored by Isuzu Motors
The fifth edition of the Rainforest Challenge India, Organised by Cougar Motorsport Pvt. Ltd will be held in Goa between the 18th and 28th of July 2018. Isuzu Motors has now come on board as the official sponsor of the event that will now be called the Isuzu RFC India 2018.
File photo of Gerrari Offroaders Kabir Waraich and Gagan Sachdeva from the first edition of RFC India back in 2014
While Cougar Motorsport has been instrumental in bringing the RFC to India, in the past it had some amount of financial support with Force Motor as the sponsor of the event. The RFC India has been run in the country since 2014, and is a domestic chapter of the iconic Rainforest Challenge Malaysia. The Indian edition is now counted as one of the top three RFC Global events out of 51 editions being held across 21 countries.
The 2018 edition of the Rainforest Challenge India will See the participation of 41 teams from various parts of the country who will compete over 26 special stages. The best Indian team at the 2018 RFC India will be awarded a package month USD 10,000 (approximately Rs 7 lakh), which includes automatic free entry to 2018 RFC Malaysia, worth around USD 3,900 (approximately Rs 2.7 lakh).
Speaking of Isuzu Motors India's collaboration with the RFC India, Ken Takashima, deputy managing director, Isuzu Motors India, said "We are happy to be associated with this edition of RFC India, as we see a right fit in terms of promoting the spirit of adventure in India. Our products are highly regarded for its tough-build, durability and reliability across the world. Our products are receiving tremendous response in India and to many adventure enthusiasts, the V-Cross is an aspirational vehicle. I wish the RFC India team and the participants the best."
Meanwhile Cougar Motorsports' founder and director, Ashish Gupta said, "Our association with Isuzu Motors India started a couple of years ago with the India 4X4 Week, where they not only participated as an exhibitor but also sponsored some of the sessions. I am happy to renew our association with them and have them as the title sponsor for RFC India 2018."
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review