2018 Rally of Morocco: Strong performance from Sherco TVS rider Lorenzo Santolino on Stage 2
The second stage of the 2018 Rally of Morocco was a tricky one, with the navigational challenges being particularly hard for the riders over the course of 250km through the Sahara desert. The Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team had a strong showing, with riders Lorenzo Santolino finishing the stage seventh, and Adrien Metge ending the stage in eleventh position.
Lorenzo Santolino of the Sherco TVS Factory Rally Team ended Stage 2 in seventh position
Meanwhile, Harith Noah slipped to 20th position in the FIM Motorcycle category. While Abdul Wahid Tanveer managed to continue his consistent performance, ending the stage at the head of the Enduro Motorcycle category.
Speaking of the team's performance, David Casteu, manager, Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team said, "Stage 2 was full of tricky navigational terrains that challenged our racers throughout the day. Lorenzo rode very strong this morning and saw a significant raise on the scoreboard. Adrien faced some difficulty with his roadbook which slowed him down in the race. He is a very focused racer and I hope he packs in good timing tomorrow on his bike."
Abdul Wahid Tanveer continued in the lead of the Enduro Class of the 2018 Morocco Rally after Stage 2
As far as the Indian racers go, Casteu, spoke of the dedication and focus it took for a racer to perform well in a rally like this, and was naturally impressed with Tanveer's performance. "Tanveer is performing exceptionally well, it takes a lot of focus and dedication to keep a consistent ranking in such a rally. The racers got a good hold on their navigational skill in this stage. Harith did slow down due to some minor mistakes, but he is a fighter and I am confident that he will be back tomorrow with renewed energy. Our engineers are working day and night on keeping the bikes in its best shape."
He also stated that the Rallye du Maroc was the "ultimate test" ahead of the Dakar, saying that he was confident that the team would continue its good showing in the upcoming stages too.
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market
- NewsNew Tesla Model 3 mid-range variant launched at $45,000
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?