2018 Renault Kwid launched in India at Rs 2.66 lakh, same price as before
Renault India has launched the updated-for-2018 Kwid in the country, at a price of Rs 2.66 lakh (ex-showroom) for the base Standard trim. The company states that the 2018 Renault Kwid has been priced the same as the outgoing iteration. The new Kwid also packs in new features including integrated reverse parking camera, rear seat armrest, and a 12V socket. In terms of safety, Renault India has also added emergency locking retractors (ELR) for the rear seatbelts, which allows the rear seat belt to freely extend and retract with occupant movement, yet locks the belt during a sudden stop or upon impact. The Renault Kwid is available with manual or AMT options with 800cc and 1-litre SCe petrol engine variants, with same outputs as earlier. The Kwid has proved a popular vehicle for Renualt, selling about 2.5-lakh units since its introduction in the country in 2015.
The biggest distinction on the 2018 Renault Kwid exterior of the SUV-inspired design is the new razor edge chrome grille. There are various other new features including a 7-inch touchscreen Media Nav system, digital instrument cluster, one-touch lane-change indicator, and speed-dependent volume control.
The top variants on the Kwid also feature 3 or 4-speed manual AC, passenger side ORVM, engine immobiliser, Bluetooth integration, front speakers and a 12V power socket. Renault India offers the Kwid in six paint options - Fiery Red, Planet Grey, Moonlight Silver, Ice Cool White, Outback Bronze and Electric Blue.
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000