2018 Roush JackHammer Ford Mustang packs a 720PS kick
Roush Performance, the aftermarket tuning company, has launched the 2018 Roush JackHammer Mustang kit based on the 2018 Ford Mustang GT coupe. Roush Performance has been tuning Ford Mustang coupe and convertible models for over two decades. The for those customers who are not sated by the performance of the stock pony car. The 2018 Roush JackHammer Mustang manages to squeeze a much meatier 720PS of power and 827Nm of peak torque from the 5.0-litre V8, against the stock figures of 466PS and 570Nm. There is currently a limited set of 200 Roush JackHammer kits available for $14,795 (approximately Rs 9.86 lakh).
This is thanks to the Roush R2650 supercharger slapped onto the otherwise naturally-aspirated V8 motor. Roush also offers the option of either a six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission. For ride tunability, Roush also adds adjustable coilover suspension. The Roush Mustang also breaks away a smidge from tradition with gloss-black wheels, and sports Continental ExtremeContact Sport tyres.
The 2018 Roush JackHammer Mustang package is only available for the Mustang GT model. Apart from the performance upgrades, the Roush JackHammer also features visual changes to distinguish itself from the stock car. This includes a new, lower front grille, chin spoiler, inserts under the turn indicators, additional slats to the grille vents, a scoop towards the rear of the windows, as well as the distinct hockey stick stripe on the sides.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani