2018 Sao Paolo Motor Show: Fiat Fastback concept coupe-SUV showcased
At the 2018 Sao Paolo Motor Show, Fiat Brazil took the covers of the Fiat Fastback concept. This coupe-SUV concept points to a production SUV that will debut by 2020.
The Fastback SUV gets styling cues that a now a mainstay of the car maker's utility vehicles in the country. There is the split headlamp treatment and large grille which gives it a decent presence. The aggressive design is further accentuated by the sporty bumpers. In profile the Fastback concept looks very similar to such cars from Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Although, this car gets stronger curves and a step up in the rear window line to dissipate some of the bulk. The rear gets large LED sleek wrap-around tail lamps and a chiseled housing for the number plate. The shoulder line that meets the tailamps is another design trait.
The Fiat Fastback concept is still in its early stages of development and no other details have been revealed about the SUV's interiors, platform or powertrain. The Fastback is similar in size to the Hyundai Creta and the soon to be launched in India Nissan Kicks. It is expected that the Fastback will be based on the Jeep compass' underpinnings and come with a similar range of engines, including the 2.0-litre Multijet diesel.
It seems unlikely that this car will be made available in India, given FCA decision to focus on the Jeep brand here. The Fastback however provides a more stylish alternative to the growing crop of practical mid-sized crossovers.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh