2018 Sao Paolo Motor Show: Fiat Fastback concept coupe-SUV showcased
At the 2018 Sao Paolo Motor Show, Fiat Brazil took the covers of the Fiat Fastback concept. This coupe-SUV concept points to a production SUV that will debut by 2020.
The Fastback SUV gets styling cues that a now a mainstay of the car maker's utility vehicles in the country. There is the split headlamp treatment and large grille which gives it a decent presence. The aggressive design is further accentuated by the sporty bumpers. In profile the Fastback concept looks very similar to such cars from Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Although, this car gets stronger curves and a step up in the rear window line to dissipate some of the bulk. The rear gets large LED sleek wrap-around tail lamps and a chiseled housing for the number plate. The shoulder line that meets the tailamps is another design trait.
The Fiat Fastback concept is still in its early stages of development and no other details have been revealed about the SUV's interiors, platform or powertrain. The Fastback is similar in size to the Hyundai Creta and the soon to be launched in India Nissan Kicks. It is expected that the Fastback will be based on the Jeep compass' underpinnings and come with a similar range of engines, including the 2.0-litre Multijet diesel.
It seems unlikely that this car will be made available in India, given FCA decision to focus on the Jeep brand here. The Fastback however provides a more stylish alternative to the growing crop of practical mid-sized crossovers.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.55 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders