2018 Sao Paolo Motor Show: Fiat Fastback concept coupe-SUV showcased
At the 2018 Sao Paolo Motor Show, Fiat Brazil took the covers of the Fiat Fastback concept. This coupe-SUV concept points to a production SUV that will debut by 2020.
The Fastback SUV gets styling cues that a now a mainstay of the car maker's utility vehicles in the country. There is the split headlamp treatment and large grille which gives it a decent presence. The aggressive design is further accentuated by the sporty bumpers. In profile the Fastback concept looks very similar to such cars from Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Although, this car gets stronger curves and a step up in the rear window line to dissipate some of the bulk. The rear gets large LED sleek wrap-around tail lamps and a chiseled housing for the number plate. The shoulder line that meets the tailamps is another design trait.
The Fiat Fastback concept is still in its early stages of development and no other details have been revealed about the SUV's interiors, platform or powertrain. The Fastback is similar in size to the Hyundai Creta and the soon to be launched in India Nissan Kicks. It is expected that the Fastback will be based on the Jeep compass' underpinnings and come with a similar range of engines, including the 2.0-litre Multijet diesel.
It seems unlikely that this car will be made available in India, given FCA decision to focus on the Jeep brand here. The Fastback however provides a more stylish alternative to the growing crop of practical mid-sized crossovers.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Toyota Camry launch in India
- NewsDakar 2019: Heroic Toby Price powers through to second Dakar win
- NewsDakar 2019: Nasser Al-Attiyah takes third Dakar crown
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani