2018 Suzuki Gixxer Cup to begin at Kari Motor Speedway on July 5
The 2018 season of the Suzuki Gixxer Cup will begin at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore on the 5th of July, 2018. The series will be held alongside the JK Racing championship. Just ahead of the commencement of the series, the selection process for the riders who will compete in the 2018 season of the Gixxer Cup will also be held.
The riders selected to compete in the 2018 Gixxer Cup will compete in two classes. The first class, for riders aged 17 years and above is the JK Tyre Suzuki Gixxer Cup. The second class, limited to riders aged between 12 and 16 years of age, is the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup. Twenty two riders will be selected for the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, and 12 riders for the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup. The riders taking part in the selection process will be put through a training session for three days at the Kari Motor Speedway, after which they will have to apply for and obtain an FMSCI 2W Licence. This will be followed by theory sessions, as well as practical sessions ahead of their races.
The first three rounds of the 2018 Suzuki Gixxer Cup will be held at the Kari Motor Speedway, after which the season finale will be held at the Buddh International Circuit.
Suzuki Gixxer Cup
Round 1 July 05 July 08 Kari Motor Speedway Coimbatore
Round 2 August 30 September 02 Kari Motor Speedway Coimbatore
Round 3 October 11 October 14 Kari Motor Speedway Coimbatore
Round 4 November 15 November 18 Buddh International Circuit Greater Noida
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsNissan India to increase prices across its range from January 1, 2019
- NewsNew for 2020 Volkswagen Passat teased for North America
- Review2018 Hyundai Santro AMT road test review
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019