2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
Suzuki Motorcycle is set to launch the 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 in India tomorrow, April 25. Suzuki had showcased the GSX-S750 for the first time in India at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Suzuki GSX-S750 had made its global debut at the Intermot 2016 show. The Suzuki GSX-S750 will be brought through in CKD form and locally assembled at the company's plant in Gurgaon, Haryana. This will only be the second big bike that Suzuki Motorcycle assembles in India, after the 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa. However, the exact launch price has not been confirmed yet. Local assembly means that the GSX-S750 will be priced very competitively. Expect it to cost around the Rs 7.5 to 8 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) mark. To see how the GSX-S750 compares to the Kawasaki Z900, and the Triumph Street Triple S, read here. Read our first ride review of this compact naked here. To know more about the technology that the Suzuki GSX-S750 employs, read here.
The design of the GSX-S750 is based on its larger sibling the Suzuki GSX-S1000. It had last received an update in 2017, featuring a new headlamp, LED tail lamp, footpegs, swingarm and a belly pan. It also has a redesigned swingarm, new 10-spoke cast aluminium wheels running on 120/70ZR17 and 180/55ZR17 Bridgestone S21 tyres. The styling has all the aggression of a naked streetfighter in a compact package. The GSX-S750 will compete with the Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple S, and the yet-to-launched Ducati Monster 821.
The 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 comes powered by a 749cc liquid-cooled, inline-four cylinder engine that makes 114PS / 81 Nm. Suzuki states that the engine mounting angle is close to vertical. This helps realise the short wheelbase needed for an aggressive naked. It features an updated traction control system which detects front and rear wheel speeds, throttle position, crank position and gear position and accordingly reduces engine output if wheel spin is detected. ABS will be offered as standard on the GSX-S750 here.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for the launch price, and details.
Starts Rs 7,45,000
Starts Rs 9,51,000
Starts Rs 15,30,000
Starts Rs 10,55,000
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur
- NewsHero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
- News2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
- NewsMercedes-AMG launches the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt and SLC 43 RedArt limited edition cars in India