2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 set to be launched in India this month
Suzuki Motorcycle is set to launch the 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 in India this month. Suzuki had showcased the GSX-S750 for the first time in India at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Suzuki GSX-S750 had made its global debut at the Intermot 2016 show. The Suzuki GSX-S750 will be brought through in CKD form and locally assembled at the company's plant in Gurgaon, Haryana. This will only be the second big bike that Suzuki Motorcycle assembles in India, after the 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa. However, the exact launch date and price have not been confirmed yet. Local assembly means that the GSX-S750 will be priced very competitively. Expect it to be priced under the Rs 8 lakh mark.
The design of the GSX-S750 is based on its larger sibling the Suzuki GSX-S1000. It had last received an update in 2017, featuring a new headlamp, LED tail lamp, footpegs, swingarm and a belly pan. It also has a redesigned swingarm, new 10-spoke cast aluminium wheels running on 120/70ZR17 and 180/55ZR17 Bridgestone S21 tyres. The styling has all the aggression of a naked streetfighter in a compact package. The GSX-S750 will compete with the Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple S, and the yet-to-launched Ducati Monster 821.
The 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 comes powered by a 749cc liquid-cooled, inline-four cylinder engine that makes 114PS / 81 Nm. Suzuki states that the engine mounting angle is close to vertical. This helps realise the short wheelbase needed for an aggressive naked. It features an updated traction control system which detects front and rear wheel speeds, throttle position, crank position and gear position and accordingly reduces engine output if wheel spin is detected. ABS will be offered as standard.
Starts Rs 15,30,000
Starts Rs 10,55,000
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance