2018 Tata Nexon AMT launched in India at Rs 9.41 lakh
Tata Motors has launched the Tata Nexon AMT at a starting price of INR. 9.41 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at INR. 10.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the diesel variant.
Tata dealerships across the country had begun accepting bookings for the Nexon AMT for an amount of Rs 11,000 some time ago. Tata Motors claims that the Nexon is the first car in India with AMT to have multi-drive modes - Eco, City, and Sport. Initially, the AMT option will only be available on the top XZA+ variant.
Technical details of the Tata Nexon AMT, stylised as HyprDrive, were recently revealed, and we have already driven this AMT version that has been launched today. The AMT also brings to the Nexon a crawl mode, so it can move forward in congested traffic without much footwork from the driver. Nexon HyprDrive also features smart hill-assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on inclines. Along with the AMT option, the Nexon also receives a new paint option, Etna Orange with Sonic Silver dual tone roof.
Since its launch in September 2017, the Nexon has been a sales success for Tata Motors and more than 25,000 units have been produced. The car competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. It has appealed to buyers with its competitive pricing, exterior design and a feature-ready cabin. This new AMT version and a new XZ variant that launched some time ago should help fill out some gaps in the Nexon's range when seen alongside rivals.
Engine-wise, the Nexon remains unchanged. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm.
Also see: Mahindra XUV300 v Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon & Ford EcoSport Comparison Test Video
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055