2018 Tata Nexon AMT launched in India at Rs 9.41 lakh
Tata Motors has launched the Tata Nexon AMT at a starting price of INR. 9.41 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at INR. 10.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the diesel variant.
Tata dealerships across the country had begun accepting bookings for the Nexon AMT for an amount of Rs 11,000 some time ago. Tata Motors claims that the Nexon is the first car in India with AMT to have multi-drive modes - Eco, City, and Sport. Initially, the AMT option will only be available on the top XZA+ variant.
Technical details of the Tata Nexon AMT, stylised as HyprDrive, were recently revealed, and we have already driven this AMT version that has been launched today. The AMT also brings to the Nexon a crawl mode, so it can move forward in congested traffic without much footwork from the driver. Nexon HyprDrive also features smart hill-assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on inclines. Along with the AMT option, the Nexon also receives a new paint option, Etna Orange with Sonic Silver dual tone roof.
Since its launch in September 2017, the Nexon has been a sales success for Tata Motors and more than 25,000 units have been produced. The car competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. It has appealed to buyers with its competitive pricing, exterior design and a feature-ready cabin. This new AMT version and a new XZ variant that launched some time ago should help fill out some gaps in the Nexon's range when seen alongside rivals.
Engine-wise, the Nexon remains unchanged. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review