2018 Tata Nexon XZ variant in India launched at Rs 7.99 lakh
Tata Motors has launched a new XZ trim level for the Tata Nexon compact SUV at a price of Rs 7.99 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 8.99 lakh at for the diesel variant. This trim level sits below the top XZ+ trim and will be equipped with projector headlamps, electrically foldable ORVMs and park assist with rear sensors and a reverse camera, a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with an 8-speakers from Harman, a height adjustable driver seat and adjustable seatbelts. Other features will include automatic climate control with rear vents, cooled glove box and a USB fast charger. Safety features like dual airbags, ABS with EBD are standard across all variants. The Tata Nexon XZ remains mechanically unchanged and carries over the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines.
The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm. Both are mated to a six-speed manual and an AMT version is set to arrive shortly. When compared to the XZ+ trim, the new XZ variant will miss out on a dual-tone roof, alloy wheels, daytime running lamps (DRLs), front and rear fog lamps, rear defogger, front and rear centre armrests, 60:40 split-folding rear seats, and a smart-key push start button. The compact SUV is currently offered in 4 trim levels - XE, XM, XT and XZ+.
Since its launch in September 2017, the Nexon has been a sales success for Tata Motors and more than 25,000 units have been produced. The car competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. It has appealed to buyers with its competitive pricing, exterior design and a feature-ready cabin. This new XZ variant should help fill out some gaps in the Nexon's range when seen alongside rivals.
Also see: Mahindra XUV300 v Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon & Ford EcoSport Comparison Test Video
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055