2018 Tata Nexon XZ variant in India launched at Rs 7.99 lakh
Tata Motors has launched a new XZ trim level for the Tata Nexon compact SUV at a price of Rs 7.99 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 8.99 lakh at for the diesel variant. This trim level sits below the top XZ+ trim and will be equipped with projector headlamps, electrically foldable ORVMs and park assist with rear sensors and a reverse camera, a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with an 8-speakers from Harman, a height adjustable driver seat and adjustable seatbelts. Other features will include automatic climate control with rear vents, cooled glove box and a USB fast charger. Safety features like dual airbags, ABS with EBD are standard across all variants. The Tata Nexon XZ remains mechanically unchanged and carries over the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines.
The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm. Both are mated to a six-speed manual and an AMT version is set to arrive shortly. When compared to the XZ+ trim, the new XZ variant will miss out on a dual-tone roof, alloy wheels, daytime running lamps (DRLs), front and rear fog lamps, rear defogger, front and rear centre armrests, 60:40 split-folding rear seats, and a smart-key push start button. The compact SUV is currently offered in 4 trim levels - XE, XM, XT and XZ+.
Since its launch in September 2017, the Nexon has been a sales success for Tata Motors and more than 25,000 units have been produced. The car competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. It has appealed to buyers with its competitive pricing, exterior design and a feature-ready cabin. This new XZ variant should help fill out some gaps in the Nexon's range when seen alongside rivals.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch