2018 Tata Tigor launched in India at Rs 5.20 lakh, ex-showroom
Tata Motors has launched the facelifted 2018 Tata Tigor compact sedan in the country at Rs 5.20 lakh, ex-showroom. This is a cosmetic update primarily and the mechanicals have been retained from the current iteration. Last month, we broke the news that Tata is working on a minor facelift for the Tigor to keep the consumer interest levels high for its best-selling compact sedan, which competes with the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and Hyundai Xcent. Tata Motors is also offering an AMT version on its XZ variant. The new Tigor will come in five variants - XE, XM, XZ, XZA and XZ+.
The headlights retain the shape seen on the current Tigor, however, they will now get a chrome finish for the projector lamps. The taillights, on the other hand, get a clear-lens treatment for the brake-lamp element. The images teased by Tata confirm what we reported last week. It gets 15-inch alloy wheels that are offered in an a dual tone colour scheme and the ORVMs get LED turn indicators with auto fold function. The 2018 Tata Tigor will be available in Egyptian Blue, Roman Silver, Espresso Brown, Berry Red, Pearlescent White and Titanium Grey. The cabin gets a premium black and grey interior theme coupled with titanium color faux leather seats, knitted roof liner and rear armrest with cup holders, offered as standard. The sedan comes equipped with a fully automatic temperature control (FATC), a boot space of 419 l and 24 intelligent spaces.
Other updates are a new design option for the alloy wheels, a shark fin antenna, new upholstery design, and a more feature-rich infotainment system. The new Tigor that has been revealed will go on sale instantly. In other news, Tata Motors has now released a new video of the Harrier undergoing testing on different types of terrains. While the production-spec design is still under wraps, Tata Motors mentions that the SUV will come with drive modes that will be paired with the ESP terrain response system, something like what is offered in the Land Rover SUVs. Here's the detailed price list of the 2018 Tata Tigor launched in India.
Starts Rs 5.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS