2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
Toyota India showcased the all-new Yaris sedan at the 2018 Auto Expo. A sedan that will take on the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. And now the Japanese automobile manufacturer has unveiled the Yaris Cross hatchback, which also based on the same platform as the sedan. The 2018 Toyota Yaris Cross gets the quintessential crossover-meets-hatchback detailing in the form of rugged cladding, roof rails and also bash plate. The cabin of the Yaris Cross hatch too gets an update in the form of automatic climate control, leather upholstery, red stitching on steering wheel and a modern music system. The most premium variant comes with seven airbags as standard, similar to the India-spec Yaris sedan.
While Toyota India has not released any info on specs and numbers except that there will be a 1.5-petrol unit doing duty. The Toyota Yaris Cross comes with a 107PS/140Nm naturally aspirated 1.5 petrol motor paired with a 5-Speed manual transmission and an optional CVT. We believe the motor in the Yaris sedan too will make similar specs.
The Toyota Yaris might be positioned above the City and the Ciaz sedans. Similarly, if Toyota decides to bring the Yaris Cross, it will compete with the likes of Polo Cross, Etios Cross, and others. However, the Yaris Cross might end being priced higher than its rivals.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India