2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
Toyota India showcased the all-new Yaris sedan at the 2018 Auto Expo. A sedan that will take on the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. And now the Japanese automobile manufacturer has unveiled the Yaris Cross hatchback, which also based on the same platform as the sedan. The 2018 Toyota Yaris Cross gets the quintessential crossover-meets-hatchback detailing in the form of rugged cladding, roof rails and also bash plate. The cabin of the Yaris Cross hatch too gets an update in the form of automatic climate control, leather upholstery, red stitching on steering wheel and a modern music system. The most premium variant comes with seven airbags as standard, similar to the India-spec Yaris sedan.
While Toyota India has not released any info on specs and numbers except that there will be a 1.5-petrol unit doing duty. The Toyota Yaris Cross comes with a 107PS/140Nm naturally aspirated 1.5 petrol motor paired with a 5-Speed manual transmission and an optional CVT. We believe the motor in the Yaris sedan too will make similar specs.
The Toyota Yaris might be positioned above the City and the Ciaz sedans. Similarly, if Toyota decides to bring the Yaris Cross, it will compete with the likes of Polo Cross, Etios Cross, and others. However, the Yaris Cross might end being priced higher than its rivals.
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions