2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
The refreshed, 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 has been launched in India and prices begin from Rs 11.76 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the XR variant. Just like before, the 2018 Tiger 800 is on offer in three variants, including the XRX priced at Rs 13.13 lakh that sits above the XR, both of which are road-biased adventure tourers, while the XCX, priced at Rs 13.76 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, Delhi) is the more off-road capable version. More variants are expected to be launched later. Interestingly, the 2018 Tiger 800 is not an all-new bike but is a midlife update for the motorcycle. But the changes to the design, powertrain, rider aids and suspension are extensive. While the road-focused XR family gets new Showa suspension upfront, the XC line-up gets a new, Off-road pro mode to help improve the bike's off-road abilities.
All variants of the 2018 Tiger 800 feature LED DRLs and the XRT and XCA versions get all-LED headlamps too. Except for the base XR, all variants also feature the new, fully-digital 5-inch TFT display screen that has replaced the older bike's analog-digital instrument cluster. The digital dashboard was first seen on the Street Triple RS and offers a plethora of information in a highly legible manner that's easy to process on the go. Triumph tells us the 2018 Tiger 800 features over 200 changes including significant ones to the engine and gearbox as well. Outputs for the 800cc triple cylinder engine remain unchanged at 95PS and 79Nm but the engine is smoother, while revised gearing means peak torque is available at lower speeds.
All variants except the base XR also get the new, adjustable windscreen that's easy to adjust on the go, along with wind deflectors. The seat compound has been revised to make it better suited to riding distances as well, and all variants now feature height adjustable seats. As far as the competition is concerned, the 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 faces off against machines like the BMW F 750 GS, BMW F 850 GS, Ducati Multistrada 950 as also the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L.
Here's the full price list of the 2018 Tiger 800.
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XR: Rs 11.76 lakh
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX: Rs 13.13 lakh
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX: Rs 13.76 lakh
All price are ex-showroom New Delhi.
Starts Rs 11,76,000
Starts Rs 12,80,000
Starts Rs 10,55,000
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles