2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 launching on March 14
A full-fledged update to TVS Motor's best-seller, the Apache RTR 160 is finally coming - TVS Motor will launch the new generation Apache RTR 160 in Chennai on March 14. The launch of the all-new RTR 160 comes quick on the heels of the launch of the Ntorq 125 scooter and TVS Motor's new flagship, the Apache RR 310. The changes to the RTR 160 should be interesting to note considering the fact that this is the first major update to the Apache RTR 160 since its launch over a decade back.
An all-new TVS has been long overdue, and the 2018 version is expected to come with extensive mechanical changes, besides looking very different from the current version pictured here
Over the years the bike has received a series of updates, though they have been more cosmetic than mechanical. This time around we expect the Apache RTR 160 to get a significant design change along with serious updates to the engine as well. Test mules of the motorcycle have been doing the rounds for a few months now and going by the images, the fuel tank and its extensions, tail light and exhaust could look similar to the Apache RTR 200's. The RTR 200's monoshock suspension is expected to make its way onto the 160 as well, in order to enhance the bike's ride and handling. We are expecting a slight bump in performance as well, along with a smoother feel from the engine.
Starts Rs 79,215
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- OpinionFalling standards