2018 Volkswagen Ameo Sport spotted testing in India
Volkswagen has started testing a special edition model of the Ameo sedan in India. This iteration of the Volkswagen Ameo will sport cosmetic additions over the regular model and will continue to come with the same set of features and powertrain options. We believe the Volkswagen Ameo will be launched in the country sometime early next year, considering the test cars looked production ready.
The 2018 Volkswagen Ameo Sport will come with cosmetic additions over the regular model
The Volkswagen Ameo Sport, that was caught on test, featured a matte black roof roof that looks similar to the Crest editions launched in December 2016. Additionally, the sedan sports decals on the doors and black accents on the spoiler as well, like the ones on GT Sport Polos. The alloy wheel design has been retained from the regular Ameo but gets a black shade. Even though the cabin of the Ameo Sport is not seen in these images, it will come with blacked-out seats and trims.
We believe Volkswagen will launch the Ameo Sport in both petrol and diesel versions. However, the one that was caught testing looked like a petrol car due to the missing TDI badge. The 1.2L 3-cylinder 75PS/110Nm engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission whereas the trusted 1.5l TDI oiler puts out 110PS of max power and 250Nm of max torque. The diesel is offered with two gearbox options - a 5-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG.
Volkswagen had launched the Ameo in India in June 2016. With the new Ameo Sport, we believe, Volkswagen will offer a stronger competition to other popular compact sedans like the Hyundai Xcent and the Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Image source: MotorBeam
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled