2018 Volkswagen Ameo Sport spotted testing in India
Volkswagen has started testing a special edition model of the Ameo sedan in India. This iteration of the Volkswagen Ameo will sport cosmetic additions over the regular model and will continue to come with the same set of features and powertrain options. We believe the Volkswagen Ameo will be launched in the country sometime early next year, considering the test cars looked production ready.
The 2018 Volkswagen Ameo Sport will come with cosmetic additions over the regular model
The Volkswagen Ameo Sport, that was caught on test, featured a matte black roof roof that looks similar to the Crest editions launched in December 2016. Additionally, the sedan sports decals on the doors and black accents on the spoiler as well, like the ones on GT Sport Polos. The alloy wheel design has been retained from the regular Ameo but gets a black shade. Even though the cabin of the Ameo Sport is not seen in these images, it will come with blacked-out seats and trims.
We believe Volkswagen will launch the Ameo Sport in both petrol and diesel versions. However, the one that was caught testing looked like a petrol car due to the missing TDI badge. The 1.2L 3-cylinder 75PS/110Nm engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission whereas the trusted 1.5l TDI oiler puts out 110PS of max power and 250Nm of max torque. The diesel is offered with two gearbox options - a 5-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG.
Volkswagen had launched the Ameo in India in June 2016. With the new Ameo Sport, we believe, Volkswagen will offer a stronger competition to other popular compact sedans like the Hyundai Xcent and the Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Image source: MotorBeam
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh