2018 Volvo XC40 leaked! Coming to India mid-2018!
Volvo has taken to teasing the new XC40 SUV that is expected to be revealed shortly, a compact luxury SUV that is headed to India soon. But with days to go to the reveal, Volvo Hungary made a mistake and published the full reveal trailer and the images you see here - via this article at CarScoop - are screen grabs from this video. The shots reveal a classy Volvo cabin as usual, down to the big touchscreen, wrapped up in the sleek style that we have come to expect from Volvo's new line of cars - the Volvos XC90, XC60 and the S90, to be specific. The Volvo XC40 will come to India and it will be positioned against the likes of the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the new Mercedes-Benz GLA. The price in India is expected to be Rs 28 lakh ex-showroom. In Europe, the XC40 is seen more as a crossover model that will take on the other crossovers - the BMW X2 and the Audi Q2.
The Volvo XC40 sticks close to the 40.1 Concept from last year and you can clearly see the family motifs like the smooth Thor's Hammer DRLs
The actual reveal of the SUV is on September 21 and OVERDRIVE will be live from the event - stay tuned. But what these images show is that the design stick very close to last year's Volvo 40.1 Concept car. The photos also show, notably, that Volvo has moved the door speakers out from the door panels to release more oddment space.
The Volvo XC40 will compete with the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA in India but in Europe it is seen more as a rival to the new crossovers - the BMW X2 and the Audi Q2
The XC40 is based on the company's all-pervasive Compact Modular Architecture. The XC40 is likely to come with 1.5-litre turbo three cylinder petrol and the four-cylinder Drive-E engines for the higher models. There will, odds are, a T5-badged model with a plug-in hybrid as well. The Volvo XC40 is likely to go on sale globally next year and expected to arrive in India by the second quarter of 2018.
The vertical tail lamp design is another Volvo detail. Note the smooth curves of the almost featureless XC40 tail gate. Lovely!
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip