2018 Volvo XC40 to be launched in India tomorrow
The 2018 Volvo XC40 SUV will be launched in India tomorrow. Volvo Cars has announced that only the top-spec R-Design variant with the D4 diesel engine will be launched in the country initially. Volvo India dealerships had previously begun accepting bookings for the company's youngest SUV in May. The booking amount for the same was Rs 5 lakh. The company had stated at the time that it expects all of its first lot of 200 units to be pre-booked before the official launch. The final specifications, features, and price will be announced tomorrow. But you can expect an ex-showroom price in the range of Rs 40-44 lakh. To know what we think of the XC40, read our first drive review here.
The Volvo XC40 gets Volvo's signature face including the rectangular grille that houses the brand's famed 'iron logo', as also the 'Thor's Hammer's LED daytime running lamps that are now a Volvo design trait
The Volvo XC40 in the R-Design trim comes equipped with a panoramic sunroof, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging, keyless entry, hill start assist and descent control, power tailgate, active turning lights and Harman Kardon entertainment system.
The Volvo XC40's rear end is simple yet elegant looking - the tail lamp cluster design is again typical of all Volvo SUVs though the cluster looks fresh and very modern here. The Volvo name is stretched across the boot lid as always though the rear number plate is positioned below the boot lid on the bumper which makes for a clean appearance
However, the highlight of the upcoming Volvo XC40 will be its radar-based driving and safety systems such as adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation along with pilot and lane assist and city safety with pedestrian, cyclist and large animal detection. Interestingly, all these features are not offered even as an option in the Volvo XC40's German rivals - the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The Volvo XC40 offers a sure-footed and planted feel at high speeds, while feel and feedback from the steering wheel is good, which adds to its likeable manners. Internationally, the Volvo XC40 comes with petrol T5 and D4 diesel engines. Both are four-cylinder turbocharged units mated to 8-speed Aisin automatics, which are found in other Volvo models as well. The D4 on the India-bound XC40 is a 2-litre diesel that makes 190PS and generates 400Nm.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300